Student Enrollment

  • Decrease Text Size
  • Increase Text Size

OSD Student Enrollment graphicWelcome to the Olympia School District!

New students who live within OSD attendance boundaries will need to complete the Olympia School District application for student enrollment forms and submit them to their neighborhood school. For more information, please call your school office or the district administration office at (360) 596-6113.

How do I Enroll my child for school?

Based on your address, do you know the name of the school your child should attend? If you do not know, please visit our school boundary information.

  • Check our school boundary information here.

  • Kindergarten enrollment information can be found here.


What do I need to Enroll?


  • Proof of residency (Please complete the Verification of Residency Statement and provide
    documentation that supports the residency statement)

  • Immunization Status (This Department of Health website shows required immunizations for students in Washington State under the heading "For Parents/School Requirements"). View required Immunizations chart for 2024-25 school year

  • Enrollment forms (These are listed below for you to download).


The Washington State Governor’s Office of the Education Ombuds




Other Notable District Initiatives:




Online Enrollment Available

OSD Online Enrollment


Follow the link below to enroll your student online:



If you live outside of the Olympia School District, please do not attempt to register your student using the New Student Online enrollment process. Instead, please visit our OSD Transfers webpage or call the district office:


  • Families with elementary students, please call: (360) 596-6113.

  • Families with secondary students, please call: (360) 596-8545.


PLEASE NOTE: If you have ever had a student enrolled in the Olympia School District, please do not enroll your new student using the New Student Online enrollment process. Instead, please login to your existing Skyward Family Access account and click on the button labeled, New Student Enrollment.

If you have forgotten your Skyward Family Access login information, please click hereOpening in a new window for instructions for retrieving your information.


This screencast tutorial (below) will walk you through enrolling a new student online via Skyward Family Access:




The following instructions only apply if you are unable to use the online enrollment process (detailed above)


  • All forms need to be printed, signed and returned

  • Please do not email these forms

  • Please U.S. Mail your completed and signed forms to your resident school

  • School information webpage (address, email and phone contact information)

  • After you U.S. Mail the forms, please call the school with your contact information so they have it to ensure your child’s name is on their list.

  • Upon receipt of your forms, school staff will be in contact with you.


For student enrollment to be finalized, all forms must be complete.


Enrollment Forms:

Forms below (in PDF format) should be downloaded to your computer first. Then you may print and fill out by hand, or use your keyboard to fill in the form fields, then print.  All forms will need to be U.S. mailed to your child's resident school.



The following required forms are also required and can be located on the Washington State Department of Health website under "Forms and Resources"


Special forms:



What if my child does not speak English?

Children who enroll with the Olympia School District and indicate that their first learned language is not English are given a placement exam to determine eligibility for the Multilingual Learner Program.

This placement test must be given within 10 days of the student's entry into the school district.


Does the Olympia School District Offer Alternative Options Programs?

Please visit our Educational Programs page for more information about our K-12 learning programs.


How is the Enrollment Information Being Used?

The enrollment form provides important information that allows OSD to:


  • Distribute important information to you, including your student's academic progress (report cards) and attendance records.

  • Respond appropriately in the event of an emergency.

  • Provide and evaluate student supports such as language services.

  • Honor the racial/ethnic and/or cultural identity of students.

  • Pursue and distribute resources to strengthen instruction for all students.

  • Ensure compliance with civil rights laws.


Contact Information:


Elementary Education

(360) 596-6113


Secondary Education

(360) 596-8545