Oly Fire responds to JMS mechanical malfunction

  • Decrease Text Size
  • Increase Text Size
Olympia Fire responds to Jefferson MS mechanical malfunction
OSD District LogoShortly after 9:30 a.m. this morning, Thursday, February 23, one of the heating and cooling units above the Jefferson Middle School kitchen malfunctioned, causing smoke inside the building.

Nine Olympia Fire Department vehicles responded to the scene with lights and sirens. School was closed today due to inclement weather.

After the cause was determined, fire department personnel left the school and some district staff remained on site as smoke was cleared from the building. The smoke was expected to be fully cleared by later this afternoon and ready to open for school tomorrow.

Thank you Olympia Fire Department for your quick response.