Welcome to the Olympia School District! Whether you are new to the District, or your child has older siblings in OSD, we welcome you.
We have wonderful, nurturing kindergarten teachers who will help your child learn the fundamental basics in reading, writing, math, science and social studies, preparing them for success in first grade and beyond.
Kindergarten registration for the 2017-18 school year begins March 28, 2017. Registration packets will be available on March 27, 2017.
Where can I register my child for school?
Please visit your neighborhood school to register. Not sure which school your child will attend? Check our school boundary information here.
What do I need to bring with me to register?
- A birth certificate (Kindergarten students must be 5 on or before Aug. 31, 2017)
- Proof of residency (Please complete the Verification of Residency Statement and provide proof of residency as requested)
- Immunization Status (This Department of Health School Chart shows required immunizations for students in Washington State)
- Registration forms (These are available at the school, or you can download the entire registration packet or individual forms below)
Families can begin the student registration/application process online, via Skyward Family Access. This initiates the registration/application process. Once this initial step is completed, the remainder of the registration forms will need to be completed on paper. Individual registration forms can be found at the bottom of this page.
Please note, ORLA Montessori, Lincoln Elementary and Hansen Elementary do not accept online registration applications. Please contact those schools directly for registration information.
- Sign up for a Skyward Account (for new OSD families)
- New Student Registration (for families with existing Skyward Family Access Account)
- Download complete student registration packet
All forms need to be printed, signed and returned to the main office of your resident school. You can not email these forms directly to the school or save this information online.
For student registration to be finalized, all forms must be complete.
- Student Registration Application
- Home Language Survey (English) (Multiple Languages - OSPI)
- Student Housing Questionnaire (English)(Spanish) (Multiple Languages - OSPI)
- OSD Verification of Residency Statement
- Student Health Form
- Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) (English, Spanish)
- Certificate of Exemption (COE)
- Transportation Form
How should I prepare my child for kindergarten?
There are lots of things you can do to make sure your child will enjoy their kindergarten class. Here are a couple of resources to get you started.