Free sports physical examinations
Saturday, June 3, 2017, at Capital High School Gym - 8 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
To participate in Olympia School District athletic programs all students must provide documentation of a current sports physical. To assist all students in meeting this requirement, the Olympia School District, in cooperation with Capital Medical Center and local health-care providers, is offering free sports physicals.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Olympia School District students entering 8th grade and those entering or currently enrolled in high school who anticipate participating in athletic programs during the 2017–2018 school year.
Sports Physical Exam Requirements
- All first time participants in high school sports, including drill/cheer, MUST provide evidence of having undergone a physical examination, dated within the past 13 months, verifying the participant is approved for full participation.
- Students who have participated in prior high school sports, including drill and cheer, MUST undergo a physical examination and be approved for full participation on an annual basis.
- A verification form, provided by the Olympia School District, MUST be submitted and signed by a medical professional licensed to perform physical examinations. The verification form will be valid for a period of 13 months.
Free Sports Physical Examination Schedule & Process
- Prior to June 3rd obtain an Olympia School District Sports Physical Examination form (at your school or online) and complete the "medical history" section. Forms will also be available onsite.
- When entering the gym, go to the registration table.
- Begin your rotation through the examination areas as directed.
- Complete all components of the examination and go to the checkout table for your school.
- After your forms are signed, take the form home and bring it to your school on your sports clearance date.
- Do not drink coffee or energy drinks on the day of your physical. These drinks may affect your blood pressure.
- All Olympia School District athletes (MS & HS) are welcome to participate in this program.
Many thanks to our local health-care providers (Capital Medical Center, Olympia Orthopedic Associates, US Army Reserves and South Sound Physical and Hand Therapy) for their continued cooperation and support in making the "Free Sports Physical" possible.
For further information please contact your building athletic director or Jeff Carpenter, OSD Director of Health, Fitness and Athletic Programs at 596-8544.