Connected Mathematics Project 2 (CMP2)
CMP2 is a math program that emphasizes problem-solving and a deeper understanding of key math concepts.
Read our Parent Information Brochure on CMP2.
Helping Your Child Develop Good Math Habits
- Help Your Child Find a Productive Study Area: Find a quiet area to study. Have available materials such as graph paper, notebook paper, a ruler and a dictionary.
- Develop a System: Help your child develop a system for writing down assignments and keeping track of progress. Check to make sure your child does so consistently.
- Develop Note Taking Skills: Check to see that your child has developed a system for taking meaningful notes.
- Organize Your Notebook: Routinely check to see if your child is correctly following the teacher’s guidelines for keeping notebooks.
- Foster Time Management Skills: Encourage and expect your child to get work done on time, to stay caught up, to get help in a timely manner and to correct errors in work.
- Find Study Buddies:Encourage your child to identify study buddies or another student they can call to work with on assignments, get clarification or find out about make-up work.
Helpful Online Resources