In preparing the 2012-13 school year budget, Olympia School District faced a $2 million budget deficit. The School Board crafted a budget that protects classroom expenditures and key operational functions of the District, but still many programmatic reductions needed to be implemented. The OSD will benefit this year from the ability to spend down its reserve, built by several years of strict budgeting by schools and staff.
2013-14 School Year
Online Budget Survey & Staff Feedback Results:
- Staff Feedback & On-Line Survey Results (3 Page Summary)
- Staff Feedback & On-Line Survey Results (Detail)
- Staff Feedback & On-Line Survey Results (Presentation)
Superintendent's Proposed 2013-14 Budget Options
- Superintendent's 2013-14 Budget Proposal
- Superintendent's Proposed Budget Enhancements
- Budget goals, focus, challenges and proposed enhancements
2013-14 Budget Background Materials
- Proposed Increased Funding for Schools Beginning; Fiscal Impact Shown for 2013-14 School Year based on 2012-13 School Year Enrollment
- Developing the 2013-14 School Year Budget
- Similarities and Differences Between Senate and House Budget Proposals
2012-13 School Year
For questions regarding the OSD budget, please contact Rebecca Japhet, Director of Communications at 596-6104.