School Board meets at Centennial
The OSD Board of Directors will meet at Centennial Elementary School, 2637 45th Avenue SE, Olympia 98501, on Monday, September 25, 2017.
- At 5:30 p.m. a Special Meeting will be held, focused on the proposed 2019-2022 Technology Levy.
- At 6:30 p.m. a Regular Meeting will be convened and will focus on Centennial Elementary School. A presentation by Dr. Dana Anderson, Superintendent of Capital Region ESD 113 will also be part of the agenda.
This is an open public meeting and the community is welcome to attend.
Spotlight on Success - August 31, 2017
In this edition of 'Spotlight on Success'; back-to-school resources for OSD students, Power Scholars calls Garfield Elementary home for the summer, progress continues on school construction projects...and much more!
2017-18 Bus Routes Summary
View specific time and location details for all 2017-18 bus routes in the Olympia School District service area. Bus arrival times can vary due to student behavior, construction and normal traffic.
Free parenting workshops offered this year
The Olympia School District is pleased to offer free parent education workshops with Candyce Lund Bollinger during the 2017-18 school year. Workshops will be offered on a variety of topics, each geared to either elementary and/or middle/high school parents. Workshops will take place from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the Olympia Regional Learning Academy.
Bollinger is a parent educator and private parenting counselor in Washington State and has been practicing for more than 35 years. She provides classes and consultations for schools, colleges, civic groups, private organizations and has a private practice. She is the mother of four children and has two grandchildren.
Back to school immunization clinic offered on September 23
Thurston County Medical Reserve Corps will host a Back-to-School Immunization Clinic on Saturday, September 23 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Kaiser Permanente Olympia Medical Center. The clinic is geared toward students entering preschool through 18 years of age. School required immunizations are available at no cost. Read about the clinics in English or Spanish.
Register to vote for November General Election
The Olympia School District has three school board seats on the November 7, 2017 General Election ballot.
The following candidates are vying for one of the three board seats:
- Director District 3: Katie Bridges and Leslie Huff
- Director District 4: Ann Heitkemper and Hilary Seidel
- Director District 5: Mark Campeau and Scott Clifthorne
If interested in voting this November, note the following voter registration deadlines:
- October 9: Deadline to register online to vote or to update existing voter registration information if registered to vote anywhere in Washington.
- October 10: The last day to register by mail. All submissions must be postmarked by this date.
- October 30: Last day to register in person at the Thurston County Auditor’s Elections Division.
View larger OSD calendar