Summer School 2015
Summer School registration is now available! Classes begin on Monday, June 29 and run through July 30. School will be in session Monday through Thursday mornings and is for Middle and High School students only. The summer school program will be held at Capital High School. Please click on the "read more" link below for additional information and registration forms.
2015-16 School Calendar Finalized
The 2015-16 school year calendar has been finalized. Here are some of the significant changes:
- A recent survey showed elementary and middle school families preferred early releases to late starts for teacher collaboration time. The new calendar honors that request by ending late starts and moving to early releases for elementary and middle schools.
- There will be fewer of these early releases than there were late starts this year. This will present fewer disruptions to learning time and provide larger time blocks for teacher collaboration in elementary and middle schools.
- There will be more consistency in that all early releases will be a half day.
- High schools will not have early releases except for Friday, Nov. 13, Friday, Jan. 29 and Friday, June 17 (for grading).
- The spring elementary conference week has been moved to be right before spring break, much like our neighboring districts.
Click the link below to view the 2015-16 calendar.
2015-16 School Supply Lists
We're beginning to gather and post school supply lists for the 2015-16 school year. Watch for updates at the link below as additional school lists are posted. Have a great summer!
Ingersoll Stadium Closed for Turf Replacement Starting June 15
Ingersoll Stadium will be closed starting June 15 through late August for installation of new field turf. During the closure there will be no public access to Ingersoll, including key card access, due to the work that will be ongoing across the entire turf area and staging of the work in the area along the track. The new turf will replace an 11-year-old surface that has exceeded its eight-year life span. Thanks to everyone for their patience as the district undertakes this important safety project!